- Plate is made out of ceramic Alumina.
- Manufactured with light weigh, durable, Kevlar fabric.
- Includes a fabric water proof cover made out of Kordura by DuPont.
- Protection level III (3).
This plate is designed to achieve NIJ Level III protection and is a “Stand Alone” plate. “Stand Alone” plates are designed and tested to defeat ballistic threats using the plate only.
No ballistic vest is required, as all the ballistic energy and fragments are stopped in the plate. These plates are usually reserved for tactical operations or anti-terrorist work where the ammunition threat is unknown, or if the wearing of a vest is considered too cumbersome.
Bullet proof vests are designed to ‘trap’ and slow bullets down as they attempt to pass through the vest. Bullet Proof Vests come in two different types; hard and soft. The ‘soft’ armors are designed to protect against most handgun and small arms ammunition, whereas ‘hard’ armors are designed to stop high caliber and armor piercing rounds.
The NIJ classifies all armors in the following levels:
|NIJ Level IIa||NIJ Level II||NIJ Level IIIa||NIJ Level III||NIJ Level IV|
|Areal Density||3.5 kg/m||4.2 kg/m||5.9 kg/m||25.9 kg/m||32.5 kg/m|
|.30 Armour Piercing (M2 AP)||x|
- Size: 300×250 mm ± 5. = 10X12 inch
- Weight: ±1500 gr. = 3 pounds and 4.91 ounces
About ceramic Alumina:
Aluminium Oxide, Al2O3 is a major engineering material. It offers a combination of good mechanical properties and electrical properties leading to a wide range of applications.
Typical Alumina characteristics include:
- Good strength and stiffness
- Good hardness and wear resistance
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good thermal stability
- Excellent dielectric properties (from DC to GHz frequencies)
- Low dielectric constant